|Home > Home Gym Reviews > Best Home Treadmill
Best Home Treadmill
What is the best choice for your home environment?
Many of our visitors have asked us what we believe to be the best home treadmill on the market. To answer this question, we spent a year researching the ins and outs of the home gym industry, testing and retesting various models from dozens of the top manufacturers.
We discovered many things along the way. First, a higher price does not necessarily get you a better machine, although in most cases you do get what you pay for. Second, popularity is no measure of quality...just because you can buy the machine everywhere doesn't mean it's worth buying.
What separates the best recommmended treadmill for the home from the commercial variety is basically pricepoint and size. It makes sense for a gym to spend more money on a treadmill than the average person, as it will experience much more wear and tear, and they want to offer the best possible machine for their members.
However if you're just buying it for your home gym, basement or attic, there's really no need to get a high-end model, as those units can cost $4000-$8000+, and in most cases it's just not worth it. You can get an extremely high quality treadmill for more than half that price.
Our choice for best rated treadmill took into account many criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Excellent Workmanship: The machines had to be extremely durable, with solid construction, quality materials and high-grade compontents.
- Powerful Motor: Top machines had to have a minimum 2.5 HP continuous duty motor, ensuring maximum power and longevity.
- Quality Workout: Treadmill had to provide a high quality work out, with solid feel, ease of use and differentiated workout options.
- Speed & Incline: Speed had to reach a minimum of 10 mph at the highest level (.5 mph at the low end to ease into workout), with at least 10 levels of incline.
- Enhanced Features: The best recommended treadmill had to offer a clear, comprehesive display panel, heart rate monitor, ample footprint and varying program capability.
- Warranty & Customer Service: A very important consideration - a top notch comprehensive warranty and outstanding customer service, as well as high customer satisfaction ratings.
Fitness Events Best Rated Treadmills
For overall quality, power, usability, programmability and user satisfaction, Sole Treadmills are our choice for best home treadmill.
We like the fact that they have a model to fit virtually any budget, each with its own unique features and capability. We also found that their customer service and satisfaction ratings are unmatched.
Consistently highly rated by consumer and fitness magazines, and considered the best make of treadmill by many in the industry.
These machines are also very well-constructed, but a bit pricier than the Sole models, which is why it is not our best recommended treadmill for the home.
Live Strong Treadmills
Well-built and affordable, Live Strong treadmills are the equipment of choice for many professional gyms and health clubs.
These treadmills are reliable and very easy to use, and are a good choice for home usage as well.
Best Home Treadmill: Summary
If you are in the market for a high quality treadmill for your house or apartment, you really can't go wrong with a Sole Fitness, Smooth or LiveStrong machine. They all have models to fit every budget, and all of these machines are well-constructed and should last many, many years.
Overall, the best make of treadmill for the home environment is Sole Fitness, with very affordable, versatile machines with high satisfation ratings and rock-solid warranty.
Related Articles: treadmill buying guide
more than best home treadmill on our home gym reviews page or return to our Fitness Events bodybuilding supplements and exercise equipment home page